Name:
Location: United States

Monday, February 20, 2006

"The First Black," Nothing has changed.


      The statement “FIRST BLACK” comes into play once again as if being Black is a handicap. When I hear that term today I must admit my
feelings have changed form how I felt in the sixties. In the sixties the term was used as a wiping strap beating me into believing that for Black people being able to brake into certain fields was an impossibility because of some inferior flaw in my genes. So when a Black person broke through it was a exceptional achievement.
     Now when I hear this statement I have emotions of antagonism from the fact that today in this day and age we still have to endure the same debasing measuring tool. Instead of feeling inferior, I now understand that braking into certain fields in which we have not shown our prominence, is because we were not given equal opportunity. Shani Davis’s long and hard road to the Olympic top podium, shows that the struggle is still true today as it was in the sixties and scores before. More

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Custom Search